SmugMug Embed allows authors to search and embed images into posts or pages directly from their SmugMug accounts. This plugin adds a tab into the media manager which gives authors access to a linked Smug Mug account. The plugin first authorizes the user to a smug mug account. In the settings screen, the administrator decides which galleries will be available to the author, the sizes available, and several other options.
- Unzip the file content into the /wp-content/plugings/smugmugembed directory.
- Activate the SmugMug Embed plugin in the Plugins menu.
- After the plugin is activated, you will find SmugMug Embed in the Plugins menu of the Admin Panel.
1. Download install directly from within WordPress.
To visit SmugMug Embed’s WordPress Plugin site, visit http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/smugmug-embed/
The settings page within the admin panel allows administrators to set certain default values. These default values then drive the user experience in the Embed from SmugMug section of the Media Browser.
Before access to images stored on SmugMug can be granted, administrators must first authenticate with SmugMug and add SmugMug Embed as an Authorized App.
- Click the “Start Authentication With SmugMug” button.
- Click the “Click here to log into SmugMug to approve access”. This will open a new window on SmugMug.com which will ask the user to verify credentials.
- Enter the username and password when prompted (if not already logged into SmugMug). Once complete, the screen will display “SmugMugEmbed was added to your Authorized Applications.”
- Close the SmugMug window.
- Back on the SmugMug Embed settings page, click the “Authorization Complete…Let’s finalize this” button.
- The window will refresh in 5 seconds. If not, click the “Got the key” button.
In this section administrators choose the galleries from SmugMug they want to allow authors to embed images from. If no galleries are checked, then all galleries will be available. If there are galleries checked, then only the galleries checked will be available. Galleries listed in italics are locked, and only thumbnails will be available.
This section allows administrators to set default settings which drive functionality in the Embed from SmugMug page.
- Image Size – Allows authors to choose any selected image size – NOTE- These image sizes represent the sizes from SmugMug, not the resized images from WordPress. Available options are Thumbnail, Small, Medium, and Large. A checkmark indicates the size will be available for the authors to choose while embedding from SmugMug.
- Default Size – The selected size when the Embed from SmugMug page first loads.
- Click Options – Allows admins to define which options are available when a user clicks on an image in a post or page. Available options are Lightbox, large image, and none. (Lightbox loads the image in the SmugMug lightbox.) A checkmark indicates the click option will be available for authors to choose while embedding an image from SmugMug.
- Default Click Option – The selected click option when the Embed from SmugMug page first loads
- Show Keywords – If true will place the SmugMug keywords in the ALT field when an image is embedded
- Show Caption – If true will place the SmugMug caption in the Caption field when an image is embedded
- Show Image Name – If true will place the SMugMug image name in the title field when an image is embedded
This button will reset all options back to default settings.
This button should be clicked when an administrator wishes to change SmugMug accounts, or when something just plain goes wrong. This should be the first line of defense in receiving errors from SmugMug.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does an admin decide which galleries to display?
On the settings page of SmugMug Embed, administrators choose which galleries they want to display on the embed form by placing a check mark in the box next to the gallery name.
No galleries are being displayed on the settings page…What is happening?
The plugin must first authenticate with smug mug. If this has not been done, please click the "Start Activation With SmugMug" button. If the plugin has been authenticated in the past and something is still wrong, click the "Delete SmugMug Authentication" button on the setting page for SmugMug Embed.
What is the process to authenticate with SmugMug?
See administration section above
Why can locked galleries only display thumbnails?
A locked gallery requires a password to view the sized images on SmugMug. No mechanism exists to pass the gallery password to SmugMug, so only thumbnails can be displayed.
Why does my gallery name have “thumbnails only” next to it in the drop down list of available galleries?
The gallery is locked.
SmugMug Embed is provided free of charge. Please consider supporting its continued development and maintenance.
1.0 We don't believe SmugMug Embed is a fully functioning version until one of the click options is the buy now page or cart directly in SmugMug. Once this feature is working (and we are close) we will release version 1.0.
1.1 We would like to change the way the caption, title, and keyword macros are inserted into the fields on the Embed page. Still working on a design, but we don't really like the way they are handled right now.
??.??? Have a feature you would like to see in a future release? Let us know and we will try to fit it in.